United Northern Mortgage Bankers
Retail Underwriter (Remote and On Site Levittown New York)
UNMB Home Loans Inc., trusted since 1979, is a thriving award-winning mortgage banker with an impeccable reputation.
Dedicated to providing superior home financing solutions and customer service in an honest, ethical and transparent manner with warmth and empathy so that: CLIENTS recommend us to their family and friends, REFERRAL PARTNERS refer us to their clients, EMPLOYEES are proud to be an integral part of our team and COMMUNITIES value our presence.
What Youll Love About Us
- Great Company Culture. Recognized as a top workplace by Newsday, National Mortgage News, National Mortgage Professional, and Mortgage Executive
- Rest and Relaxation. Generous vacation policy and work-life balance with 10 paid holidays and 5 days paid time off
- Health Benefits. Medical, dental, vision, and disability
- Prepare For Your Future. 401(k) with company match
- Growth and Learning. Internal and external subject matter experts host training to advance your professional and personal development
- Recognition and Appreciation. Our Spirit of Excellence and Presidents Club Awards recognize individual team member achievement with merit bonuses also awarded.
We welcome you to reach out and explore your opportunities.
The Retail Mortgage Underwriter performs an essential responsibility underwriting residential mortgage loans in accordance with Secondary Market, Investor and Government (FHA/VA) and GSE underwriting guidelines. This is a full-time position with benefits.
- Underwrite Conventional, FHA / VA residential loan files.
- Be highly experienced in using Encompass software.
- Ensure all loans are unwritten and documented according to appropriate guidelines.
- Be familiar with underwriting self-employed borrowers.
- Effectively communicate with mortgage loan originators, borrowers and underwriters on loan status, issues and document requirements.
- Meet established performance and production standards and goals.
- Take an active role in identifying potential challenges within the underwriting process and / or department and provide recommendations for improvements.
- Maintain knowledge of applicable underwriting guidelines by completing all training programs and staying current with industry and business policies and guidelines.
- Participate in ongoing training programs as needed.
- Ensure compliance to applicable federal, state, local laws and regulations.
- Complete all required compliance and ongoing professional training.
- Communicate internally and externally using written and verbal communication.
- Potentially be required to perform other job-related instructions as requested by manager and subject to reasonable accommodations.
- 3+ years underwriting residential mortgage experience.
- Conforming conventional experience and an experienced FHA D.E. Underwriter.
- Working knowledge of Encompass.
- VA LAPP preferred, but not required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Team player with a strong commitment to customer service.
- Adherence to pertinent established policies and procedures which include (but not limited to): BSA, Privacy, CRA and Safeguarding Customer Information.
- Effective oral and written communication with customers, co-workers and all levels of management.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to work well with co-workers and all levels of management.
- Skills to identify and resolve issues in a timely manner by gathering and analyzing information.
- Capable of working under pressure and meeting deadlines.
- Computer literate, experienced with Microsoft Office Suite.
Room for professional growth within the company for the right candidate.
UNITED NORTHERN MORTGAGE BANKERS LIMITED (NMLS# 7230) is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, religion, age, color, gender, color, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, marital status or veteran status. Requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill set and/or ability required to successfully execute job/position listed.
Reasonable accommodations may be/will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. Please inform us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position or perform your job. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation.