United Northern Mortgage Bankers
Sr. Compliance Officer- On Site Only Levittown New York Office
Dedicated to providing superior home financing solutions and customer service in an honest, ethical and transparent manner with warmth and empathy so that: CLIENTS recommend us to their family and friends, REFERRAL PARTNERS refer us to their clients, EMPLOYEES are proud to be an integral part of our team and COMMUNITIES value our presence.
What Youll Love About Us
- Great Company Culture. Recognized as a top workplace by Newsday, National Mortgage News, National Mortgage Professional, and Mortgage Executive
- Rest and Relaxation. Generous vacation policy and work-life balance with 10 paid holidays and 5 days paid time off
- Health Benefits. Medical, dental, vision, and disability
- Prepare For Your Future. 401(k) with company match
- Growth and Learning. Internal and external subject matter experts host training to advance your professional and personal development
- Recognition and Appreciation. Our Spirit of Excellence and Presidents Club Awards recognize individual team member achievement with merit bonuses also awarded.
UNMB Home Loans, Ltd. (Formerly United Northern Mortgage Bankers)- Levittown, NY
The employment policy of United Northern Mortgage Bankers, Ltd., (UNMB) provides equal opportunity to all persons. We support a diverse and inclusive work environment where colleagues are respected, treated fairly, and given equal opportunities to perform to their fullest potential. We believe it is only with a diverse and inclusive workplace that the organization can truly perform at its best, carry out its vision, and make a difference for the communities we serve.
Summary: The Senior Compliance Officer will report to the Chief Compliance Officer. You will be responsible to monitor federal and state regulatory agencies for new laws and regulations. You will conduct compliance risk assessments to determine inherent residual risk ratings across all lending systems.
Under limited direction from the Chief Compliance Officer, the senior compliance officer will direct and advise management of all aspects related to certain assigned bank or non-bank regulations. Develop, update and facilitate implementation of all policies and procedures related to attendant regulations to minimize the organizations exposure to regulatory criticism, reputation and financial risk of loss. Provide support for business lines/entities through the identification and interpretation of the current banking and related financial services laws and regulations and any changes thereto.
In addition, the compliance officer has functional reporting responsibilities to the Chief Compliance Officer, Human Resources for the purpose of implementing the corporate compliance program in accordance with standards established in all applicable compliance procedures. To the extent that the Sr. Compliance officer has functional reporting responsibilities to the CEO, the CCO shall provide the compliance officers manager periodic performance feedback, but in any event not less than annually.
Operates in full compliance with internal policies and procedures as well as applicable regulations and laws, including but not limited to HMDA; AML; OFAC and CRA requirements. Responsible to report any procedure or process that doesnt meet regulatory requirements including fraud, whether suspected or confirmed, to management. This reporting can be done directly to any member of management, including Chief Compliance Office or Human Resources.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in conducting monthly Compliance Audits to determine violations of procedure or law in areas such as ECOA and Fair Lending, TILA, TRID, FDCPA, FCRA, EFTA, TCPA, UDAAP, SCRA, BSA/AML and OFAC, and GBLA.
- Implement and manage an internal vendor management program Coordinate with Operations and Compliance during an audit or on an as needed basis on possible changes to processes/controls and/or systems to add value to the department or to remediate identified process/control gaps
- Assist in drafting Compliance Reports for the Chief Compliance Officer, Senior Management and CEO.
- Assist in ensuring that compliance issues or concerns within the organization and its bank partner are being appropriately evaluated, investigated and resolved timely.
- Assist in drafting and implementing Compliance Policies and Guidelines and business unit procedures to ensure compliance with various federal and state laws across the USA.
- Monitor and review responses drafted by the Office of the President to complaints alleging violations of various federal and state laws, regulations, policies, procedures.
- Interact with external regulatory examiners, investors and bank partners to answer compliance questions and fulfill documentation requests.
- Review new lending products and services for compliance with various federal and state laws.
- Participate in Compliance Committees and proposes viable solutions to mitigate compliance risk.
- Assist in developing and implementing effective compliance training, including appropriate introductory training for new associates as well as ongoing training for all associates and managers.
- Monitor all aspects of changes in state or federal laws and regulations to ensure awareness of actual and pending changes in each area of compliance. Consult with Corporate Legal on the impact of court decisions, as applicable.
- Review new product offerings, proposed marketing and sales materials, to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, are required, with knowledge of business methods and practices in the financial services industry preferred.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelors degree required. Relevant, equivalent work experience may be substituted for degree requirement. Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM) or Compliance Attorney.
Experience: 5+ years: Minimum 5 years compliance experience with a financial institution required. Five years prior leadership experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Lending originations compliance or audit experience.
- Prior experience in conducting Compliance Risk Assessments and Audits.
- Proven ability to influence at all levels within the organization.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of technical areas gained through experience and utilized in completing assignments or overseeing others work.
- Organizational skills permitting the effective management of several concurrent projects and priorities.
- Strong computer literacy.
- Strong attention to details.
- Microsoft Office
- Operate Office Equipment
- Ability to recognize and meet deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Job Type: Full-time
Required experience: Regulatory Compliance: 5 years
Required education: Bachelor's